Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Today I had the AMAZING experience of going to the Castle of Chaos, a haunted house in SLC, and interning with their make-up guy, Chris. He was awesome and I had a blast learning how to air-brush.
So for my first one we did a vampire. The pics are of me, but I got to do my friend. First you do cake foundation as a base. Then air brush on the purple.
Then you get to put the black on. It goes not completely over the purple but more like in the middle of it. Then you highlight with white and you're done. This is me and Sara.
Then I got to do a skull face all by myself! I forgot to get one when I was done though.
Meanwhile this is the work of some of the actual professionals.
This was just one layer of color. He did like 3.
Here's a finished one by that same guy.
And here's a latex mask Chris made. Sweet!
It was great and I'm really glad I went. I should be going back tomorrow and two times next week. Then hopefully I can use my knowledge for our spook alley here at the Square. And of course I could not resist going home and putting my teeth in from dad =D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love 80's you! and I love vampire you!!! (Even with the crazy nasty eyebrows!!) HOW FUN IS THAT???

GOOD JOB on creating the skull face! I bet the finished product was spectacular!!!!!!

Suzanne Maughan said...

That is an absolutely creepy picture of you at the end...and so amazingly awesome too! I love it! You are getting so many awesome opportunities. I'm so happy for you. Good luck...and cant wait to see you in 5 weeks!

Mammaratzzi said...

Dearest Boo Boo,
Well at least your nickname is appropriate! Good thing you were born on Halloween! You truly fit the part.
I am surprised by how amazing they can make things look with the airbrush! I think you hair design skills and other things you are learning will benefit you in days to come in ways you will never dream of. Who knows...maybe one day you will work for a movie studio making people look scary. xoxo You truly have a gift dear daughter...I am proud of you. The vampire teeth are perfect. Dad will be impressed when he sees them.
Love you always, Mom

Arianne said...

You're soooo cool! That makeup was crazy good. You look great as a vampire...always have, always will.

EmmyJ said...

ummm why have I never seen this before?!?!?!? Holy amazing!!! We are going to have fun with this!!!!!!! I think it's safe to say our photo-shoots have reached a new level of awesome/incredible attitude!!! I love you girl!!!